About Me

A compelete Saggitarian.

Blog Archive

Monday, August 21, 2006

Gloss Vs Gripping

At first I lost count of the day of the week thinking of friday to be thrusday, this all happned because of the day off for independence day which happened on the weekdays.So All of sudden I come to know that weekend has arrived so it puts me in a void situation on what to do on weekends,May be everyone come across this question.So it was decide that me along with my friend would go for a new movie called "ahista ahista" avoiding the very "KANK",but destiny has some other things placed for us.The theater which we were planning to go didnt play "ahista ahista" for the night show,so with no other go we braved overselfs to go for KANK.

Landed near the theater and was welcomed with a deserted look with very thin crowd,not a good sign at all.Bought the tickets and went in to see ouself among a crowd of just 20 in the middle stall (I silently counted just out of curiosity).
I dont even want to drag you through the whole story line but would like to tell some of my observations.Some very good acting by abhi and Very patheatic over acting by Sharukh.Well you have to agree that the director Karn is the king of gloss , where would all the junior artist or the side artists get to wear some very colourful clothes :) along with the actors wearing the deasigner ones.Personaly I feel that the subject is way to matured for the indian audience.I think thats why it is not doing well india & doing roaring business elsewhere.One thing I can say that the story shakes the very foundation of marriage relationship.Out here in india where u can pi** anywhere but not Kiss ,to get the other way round which happens in abroad ..Well It will take some more time for that ....
So for KANK I say --> "Karn Assumptions Nahi Karna"


I had the opportunity to watch one more movie called "cyanide" a kannada movie in the weekend.First thing first .. I am going for a very single scree theater after long time,secondly watching the movie from the balcony is another thing which I have not done after a very long long time.The balcony in this theater is at very great height,it just looks like another sucide spot :).If You want to see an indoor sucide spot please go to Thribuvan Theater..To tell about the movie ,the plot of the story is very simple.It is about the after incidents of the assisination of our past primeminister Rajiv gandhi.About how the people who plotted that sneaked into to our own then very calm & quite city of bangalore and how they were traced.
A very gripping tale indeed and very well directed with some great & true perfomances ,specially I like tara's role which she has performed to perfection.
One Intersting point of me watching the movie yesterday (20 Aug) i.e the day when those assisns were cornered...what a coincidence ..isint it.

So there it is my experience of watching a gloss movie and ending the week watching a gripping one.

No comments: